In this section, you will find any changes and new information, as well as updates you should be aware of as you move forward with EVV implementation.
Please read this EVV transition communication in its entirety, as it relates to claim submission for the services listed below. This linked information will make sure you are ready for the EVV transition.
- Attendant Care – S5125U2
- Personal Care 21 and Over – T1019U3
- Personal Care 21 and Under – T1019
- Respite – S5150
If you have already received your credentials:
- Please log in to the AuthentiCare system if you have not yet done so. If you have logged in, please begin, or continue to load required information into the system.
- If you are using a third-party vendor, please ensure that your vendor has contacted Fiserv to test the aggregator or is currently testing.
If you have not received your credentials:
- You will receive credentials when training completion is confirmed, when your attestation form has been received by both you and your third-party vendor (if using third-party and not AuthentiCare), and when you have made any requested address change updates.
If you have not yet completed all required training, please immediately contact: email@example.com.
Please use the following contact information for any questions related to EVV.
- For Provider Enrollment questions, please contact: 1-800-457-4454
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST)
- For AuthentiCare system or functionality related questions, and/or need to open a ticket with Fiserv, please contact AuthentiCare Support: 1-800-540-5126, or AuthentiCare.Support@firstdata.com
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CST)
- For other questions/concerns, or if escalation is needed, please contact the EVV Call Center: 1-833-916-1093
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (CST). Voicemail is also accessible, and after-hours calls will be returned in the order received within one business day.
The recording of the AuthentiCare demo, presented by Fiserv on 7/28/2020, is now available on the Gainwell Technologies Billing Portal.
If you have not already done so, please complete the EVV selection declaration form as soon as possible.
- In the EVV webinar held on July 14, we stated that landlines would only be accepted for the client. However, we have received clarification from CMS and we can now accept client cell phones.
- Client signatures will not be required at this time due to the circumstances around Covid-19.
The 21st Century Cures Act—which was signed into law in 2016—requires state agencies to implement a system of electronic visit verification (EVV) for personal care services and home health care services provided and reimbursed under Medicaid. The EVV mandate is designed to enhance quality and accuracy of care services.
On October 22, 2019, CMS approved the Arkansas EVV Good Faith Effort Exemption request. This means the State has until January 1, 2021 to implement the EVV program. For this initial implementation, EVV will be used for personal care, attendant care and respite services. EVV is required to be implemented for Home Health by January 1, 2023.
Electronic Visit Verification is a process that uses electronic means to verify care provider visits for personal or home health care services. The information collected during visits includes:
- the date of service provided
- the start time and end time for service provided
- the type of health care service performed
- the location of the service provided
- information about the service provider.
EVV offers a modern way for care providers to record their visits by location, time, and tasks. Visits can be logged using an app on the caregiver’s cell phone or the member’s landline phone.
Provider Enrollment Requirements
- All caregivers who will be using EVV for personal care, attendant care and respite services must enroll with Arkansas Medicaid. This is a mandatory requirement that must be met for agencies to bill services.
- The enrollment process is currently open and must be completed by September 30, 2020.
- Caregivers can enroll online through the Billing Portal, or by filling out and mailing in a paper application.
- Once the caregivers are enrolled, they will be given a provider number which may also be called a PIN (personal identification number).
More information about enrolling as a Medicaid provider can be found on the Billing Portal.
Training Information and Important Dates
EVV live training sessions have been scheduled for the first and third weeks of the month, January through March. If you have not yet completed all required training, please immediately contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a reminder, if you are using the AuthentiCare system, you must complete:
- Web Portal
If you are using a third-party system, you must complete:
- Web Portal
If you do not complete the required trainings above, you will not be issued credentials for the AuthentiCare system. These credentials are required for EVV regardless of whether you are using AuthentiCare or a third-party system.
View the EVV training information spreadsheet. This spreadsheet includes registration links within the training calendar, as well as training module descriptions.
Please note the following:
- Fiserv utilizes a train-the-trainer model, which means one or two people from your agency attend training, then go back to your agency and train the rest of your staff. They will be responsible for training your individual caregivers.
- There are various options for training dates, and you may register for the dates that work with your schedule. While multiple dates exist, you must register for the modules that correspond with the system you have selected.
- If you are using AuthentiCare, you must attend:
- Mobile Application
- Web Portal
- If you are using a third-party vendor, you must attend:
- Web Portal
- If you are using AuthentiCare, you must attend:
- Training is required for AuthentiCare Arkansas users on an annual basis and Fiserv’s Learning Management System (LMS), called Xchange, will be used for agencies to complete their annual training requirements.
AuthentiCare Web Portal
Training for Providers, state staff and designated contractors addresses the administrative hub for AuthentiCare. This includes claims, scheduling, visit maintenance, onboarding workers and system monitoring.AuthentiCare Reports
Providers and state staff will be trained on the usage and production of standard AuthentiCare EVV reporting.
AuthentiCare 2.0 Mobile Application
Providers and Caregivers are trained on administrative and user functions of the AuthentiCare Mobile app.
AuthentiCare Interactive Voice Response (IVR) System
Providers and Caregivers are trained using real-life scenarios within the IVR environment.
Nominated provider staff receive training in how to deliver AuthentiCare modules to the caregiver community.
Fiserv and AuthentiCare
DHS has partnered with Fiserv (formerly First Data Government Solutions) in the implementation of an Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system. Fiserv, headquartered in Wisconsin, was established in 1984 and now serves clients in more than 100 countries. Fiserv enables innovative financial services experiences for the way people live and work today. Their solutions connect organizations in secure and reliable ways.
As Arkansas prepares for an EVV system implementation, Fiserv will bring expertise with their product, called AuthentiCare. AuthentiCare is an automated solution that streamlines operations and promotes quality of care. AuthentiCare is smartphone compatible and can be used on multiple devices in a flexible and secure way. It offers real-time reporting and monitoring. Fiserv’s team is committed to working with DHS to ensure a smooth implementation of the EVV system.
The AuthentiCare solution, provided by Fiserv, is an electronic application. AuthentiCare’s mobile application is available on Android and iOS, and simply requires the user to download and install the app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. AuthentiCare is also accessible from the client’s landline, if available. Check out the AuthentiCare webpage for more detailed information and to get a look and feel of how the system may function for you.
Third-Party EVV Option
The declaration form on this page is for Medicaid fee-for-service only, not PASSE. You do not need to complete another declaration form for the PASSE’s, just one indicating which system (AuthentiCare or third-party) your agency will be using. They will be reaching out to you about the process to work with their EVV vendor.
Arkansas has opted to use an open vendor model; this is a hybrid model in which the State contracts with one EVV system vendor and allows providers and managed care organizations (MCO) the option to use either the State-selected EVV vendor or a third-party vendor (new or existing) as long as it meets the State’s requirements.
Arkansas has contracted with Fiserv to offer AuthentiCare as the State-selected EVV system vendor for agencies at no cost. You may still use your existing EVV system vendor if it meets the following criteria:
- Must be able to comply with 21st Century Cures Act
- Must be able to configure your system to match the Arkansas DHS EVV System Rules and provide attestation that the configuration settings have been applied
- Must be able to capture all the data fields required as specified in the AuthentiCare Data Aggregator Interface Guide and successfully transmit the information via one of the approved transport methods to Fiserv for upload into AuthentiCare for daily claims processing
If your chosen EVV system vendor cannot meet the above criteria, you must either choose a new EVV system vendor or move to the State-selected EVV vendor—AuthentiCare.
All Arkansas Medicaid provider agencies must inform DHS of their decision by completing the Arkansas EVV Declaration Form. This form must be completed whether you choose to use AuthentiCare or a third-party system.
The Arkansas DHS EVV System Rules for a third-party EVV system vendor can be found below. Please send any questions you may have to ARthirdpartyevv@dhs.arkansas.gov.
Documents and Resources
Here you will find required documentation and resource materials, including previous communication that may have been shared via email.
An AuthentiCare demonstration was held on July 28th, 2020. This demo provided an overview of basic system functionality to help inform agencies during system selection. If you were unable to attend, the demo was recorded and can be found on the provider portal.
Required for Third-Party Integration
- Third-Party System Certification Process and Checklist
- Third-party EVV System Certification Process (Visual)
Arkansas DHS EVV System Rules
All third-party EVV systems must be in compliance with the 21st Century Cures Act and must capture the following elements:
- The type of service performed
- The individual receiving the service
- The date of the service
- The location of the service delivery
- The individual providing the service
- The time the service begins and ends
The third-party EVV system vendor must configure the system with the following rules:
- Scheduling is not mandatory
- English and Spanish languages must be available
- Check in and out must be available via mobile and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) landlines
- Geo Fence must be set at 1/8 of a mile
- Early visit threshold must be set at 7 minutes
- Last visit threshold must be set at 7 minutes
- Missed visit threshold must be set at 30 minutes
- Unit calculation must follow DHS guidelines:
Please note that items 5, 6, and 7 above only apply if scheduling is used. The State did not require scheduling to be mandatory due to agency feedback, but it is optional.
|0 min–7 mins||0 units|
|8 mins–22 mins||1 unit|
|23 mins–37 mins||2 units|
|38 mins–52 mins||3 units|
|53 mins–67 mins||4 units|
|68 mins–82 mins||5 units|
|83 mins–97 mins||6 units|
- Passwords must meet the following criteria:
- Minimum of 9 characters, at least 1 uppercase letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character
- The user’s password cannot be one of the last 10 passwords
- Passwords are required to be changed every 60 days
- The user will be locked out after 3 failed login attempts
- Access must be role-based driven access
- The third-party EVV system must be able to receive prior authorizations and client membership information from Arkansas DHS sources
- The third-party EVV system must be able to handle exceptions as noted below:
|Exception||Exception Level||Exception Description|
|Authorization Units||Critical||The visit was performed for a number of units that is beyond the units available on the authorization.|
|Duplicate Visit||Critical||This visit was found to be a duplicate of a previously filed visit.|
|Client Eligibility||Critical||The client was ineligible at the time of the visit.|
|Worker Eligibility||Critical||The worker was ineligible to perform services at the time of the visit.|
|Out Of Fence Check In||Critical||The check in location does not match the client’s location.|
|Out Of Fence Check Out||Critical||The check out location does not match the client’s location.|
|Activity Code Missing||Informational||The visit requires an activity code to be entered upon check out, and no activity code was entered.|
|Phone Check In||Critical||The visit check in phone number does not match the authorized phone number for the client.|
|Phone Check Out||Critical||The visit check out phone number does not match the authorized phone number for the client.|
|Overlapped Service||Critical||The client is receiving multiple services at the same time.|
|Overlapped Claim||Critical||The provider is providing services for a member for multiple services at the same time.|
|Overlapped Worker||Critical||The worker is providing services to multiple clients at the same time.|
|Attestation||Informational||This visit does not have client attestation.|
Previous Provider Communication Regarding the EVV Implementation
Please find all previous communication regarding the EVV implementation below. Please note these prior communications are for reference only.
- September 20, 2021 – 835 processing
- September 16, 2021 – Q&A session update
- August 20, 2021 – Claim Resubmission Process
- July 30, 2021 – Billing Cutoff Update
- July 28, 2021 – File Timing Information
- July 27, 2021 – Batch Submission Info
- July 21, 2021 – Special Characters FYI
- July 21, 2021 – AuthentiCare July Release
- July 16, 2021 – Billing Cutoff Reminder and Claim Information
- July 15, 2021 – Claim Submission Clarification
- June 30, 2021 – Payer Assignment
- June 23, 2021 – Split Shift Information
- April 7, 2021 – AuthentiCare Mobile App for iOS
- March 12, 2021 – AuthentiCare Mobile Release for Android
- March 1, 2021 – Software Upgrade
- January 27, 2021 – Date Update and Geofence Information
- January 7, 2021 – Provider Meetings
- September 23, 2020 – Training Information
- July 20, 2020 – System Selection Bulletin
IndependentChoices Self-Direction / Palco
In response to the federally mandated 21st Century Cures Act, IndependentChoices Self-Direction clients and caregivers must also comply with the EVV requirements. EVV for IndependentChoices Self-Direction will begin on 3/30/2021. Please review the information and resources below.
- Practitioner Identification Number Request Form (DMS-7708)
- AR Self-Direction EVV Registration Letter
- ARIC Caregiver NPI Form – Sample Instruction Sheet
If you have questions, concerns, or require assistance, please use the following support options:
- For system or functionality related questions, please contact AuthentiCare Support: 1-800-540-5126, or AuthentiCare.Support@firstdata.com
Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 7:00 pm (CST)
- For policy related questions, please contact EVV Arkansas State staff: EVVarkansas@dhs.arkansas.gov
- For assistance with Personal Care Aides (PCA’s) PIN, status inquires, or enrollment questions, please contact Gainwell Provider Enrollment: 1-800-457-4454
- For questions about EVV Self-Direction, please contact PALCO: email@example.com