Memos and Transmittals
Lists current memos and repository for past Office of Long Term Care (OLTC) memos and transmittals.
Access general OLTC forms and Division of Medical Services (DMS) Cost Reimbursement Rules Manual forms.
Minimum Staffing for Long Term Care Facilities
Minimum staffing requirements are included in the regulations that pertain to each type of facility. To view them, please go to Regulations, view or download the regulations document for the type of facility that interests you, and navigate to the staffing section.
The Office of Long Term Care (OLTC) has created a Minimum Staffing Calculator for nursing facilities that you can download and install on your computer. To learn more, click the link below.
OLTC has gone live with an online portal for the collection of the monthly minimum staffing requirement data. The online portal is powered through a technology called QuickBase and is part of a larger effort to provide an online portal for providers to submit information to OLTC. Users can access the portal by going directly to http://ARDHS.QuickBase.com and selecting the “OLTC Minimum Staffing” icon.
Training and Education
Resources for facility administrators that includes CEU information.
Resources for facilities for complying with the Options Counseling program, including instructions for on-line submissions.
Electronic Plan of Correction (ePOC)
Civil Money Penalty (CMP) Grant Application
- Use of Federally Imposed Civil Money Penalty (CMP) Funds by States
- CMP Grant Application
- CMP Covid-19 Communicative Technology Request Application FAQs
- CMP Covid-19 Communicative Technology Request Application Approval Letter
- CMP Covid-19 Communicative Technology Request Application
Licensing a Facility
The Office of Long Term Care (OLTC) licenses long-term care facilities in Arkansas. Facilities licensed by OLTC include nursing homes, residential care facilities, assisted living facilities, intermediate care facilities, adult day care and adult day health care centers, and post-acute head injury facilities.
New facilities require a permit from the Arkansas Health Services Permit Agency. Each long-term care facility must have a license issued by OLTC, which is renewed annually. License renewals and fees are due March 1 each year. Late renewals are subject to penalties.
For licensure information, call one of the following numbers:
- Nursing Homes and ICF/IID: 501-320-6194
- Assisted Living, Residential Care, Adult Day Care Centers, Adult Day Health Care Centers and Post-Acute Head Retraining Facilities: 501-320-6287
- Arkansas Health Services Permit Agency (Opens in New Window)
Incident and Accident Report
Use the following forms for a long-term care facility to report an incident or accident to OLTC.
- DMS-7734 | Incident and Accident Initial Report for Nursing Homes and ICFs/MR
- DMS-762 | Facility Investigation Report for Nursing Homes and ICFs/MR
- DMS-731 | Facility Investigation Report for ALFs, RCFs, PAHIs, ADCs, and ADHCs
- DMS-742 | Facility Investigation Report for ALFs, RCFs, PAHIs, ADCs, and ADHCs
To receive Medicaid-funded long-term care facility services and alternative services such as ARChoices for seniors or TEFRA for children, the applicant must meet medical need criteria and an assets test. A medical needs assessment must be submitted by the physician, documenting why services are necessary, and must be approved by OLTC staff nurses and physicians before payment. An appeals-and-hearing process is in place for persons who are denied services.
Extensive information about assets and Medicaid eligibility is available from the Division of County Operations.
Nursing Home Administrator Program
- Rules and Regulations for Licensure of Nursing Home Administrators in Arkansas (PDF)
- Application for Nursing Home Administrators (DOC)
- LTC Administrator Criminal Record Check (Form DMS-7799) and Information Sheet for Administrator Applicants Regarding Criminal Record Check (DOC)
- Application Letter of Instruction (PDF)
- Administrator License Renewal Form (DOC)
- Reciprocity Licensing Questionnaire (DOC)
Resources for implementing culture change in long-term care facilities.