Medicaid, ARHOME, and ARKids Clients

Make sure your mailing address and phone number is up-to-date. Don’t miss important renewal information.

Waiver request: Summer Food Service Programs

Waiver request: Summer Food Service Programs

Public Notification

Arkansas Department of Human Services submitted a waiver request to USDA to waiver three processes in the operation of the Summer Food Service Programs. Approval of this waiver will provide the following benefits:

  • Will allow the ability to waive restrictions on the use of Offer Versus Serve (OVS) in the Summer Food Service Program to reduce administrative burden on state agencies and sponsors by easing menu planning and food procurement and reducing food waste, which would help ensure appropriate safety measures for the purpose of providing meals and meal supplements. 7 CFR 225.16(f)(1)(ii).
  • Will allow returning site(s) that operated successfully during the previous summer (or other most recent period of operation) and had no serious deficiency findings and (b) SFSP sponsors in good standing in CACFP and NSLP, the requirement that sponsors shall visit each of their sites at least once during the first week of operation, 7 CFR 225.15(d)(2),  and sites operating one week or less, the requirement that sponsors shall visit each of their sites at least once during the first week of operation. 7 CFR 225.15(d)(2).
  • Waive requirement that three hours must elapse between the beginning of one meal service, including snacks, and the beginning of another, and requirement that the duration of the meal service shall be limited to two hours for lunch or supper and one hour for all other meals. 7 CFR 225.16(c)(2).

USDA Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: How to File a Complaint, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: 

1.  mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture 
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights 
1400 Independence Avenue, SW 
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; 

2.  fax: (202) 690-7442; or 

3.  email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

DCCECE Address

700 Main Street Slot S-160
Little Rock, AR 72201-1473

DCCECE Phone Number

Fax: 501-682-2317

Learn About Programs

Apply For Services

Find Service Providers

Do Business With DHS

Become A Provider

Report A Concern

Copyright 2022 © All Rights Reserved.