Close this search box.

Services for Adults with DD/ID Needs

Services for Adults with DD/ID Needs

If you apply and are approved for Medicaid, you can get these services as an adult with an intellectual or developmental disability (IDD):

  • Primary Care Physician (PCP)
  • Physician Specialists
  • Personal Care
  • Durable Medical Equipment
  • Occupational, Physical, & Speech Therapy
  • Hospital Services
  • Medicines
  • Outpatient Behavioral Health Counseling
  • Adult Developmental Day Treatment – assessments, supervised living services, and educational services provided by a licensed adult day treatment clinic

* Some specialized services require a PCP referral and evaluation.

Specialized Waiver Services

Medicaid-eligible Arkansans of all ages with IDD may apply to get home- and community-based services that are not included in traditional Medicaid through the Community and Employment Support (CES) Waiver. This waiver helps clients with IDD to live in the community rather than in an institutional setting such as a nursing home or Intermediate Care Facility. CES Waiver services include:

  • Care Coordination – includes collaborating on care planning and goals, medication management, and service coordination through a person-centered service plan (PCSP)
  • Respite – temporary direct care and supervision for a client due to the absence of the primary giver or to provide a break for the caregiver
  • Supported Employment –helps clients reach their goals of working in integrated workplaces for pay; services include career planning, support at a work site, and job coaching
  • Supportive Living – services and activities to help clients live in their own home, with family or in a setting such as an apartment or provider-owned group home
  • Community Transition Services – help with set-up expenses for clients who are transitioning from an institutional or provider-operated living arrangement, such as an intermediate care facility or group home, to a living arrangement in a private home where the client or client’s guardian is directly responsible for his or her own living expenses
  • Supplemental Support –provides for additional support if unforeseen needs arise to avoid disrupting the client’s services or placement

The PASSE is a program that serves Medicaid clients with complex behavioral health, developmental, or intellectual disabilities, including clients on the CES Waiver.

Getting Services

The DDS Intake and Referral unit is the best place to start if you, a loved one, or a person in your care needs services and support. You can contact DDS Intake and Referral by calling 501-683-5687 or submit an online request for services.