There are three stages involved with receiving results for an Arkansas (AR) Adult Maltreatment Registry Background Check:
- AR Adult Maltreatment Registry Request Form Generator
- AR Adult Maltreatment Registry Request Form Upload
- Online Payment
Details of each stage are outlined below. Please read the details of all stages before accessing the link below to generate your AR Adult Maltreatment Registry Request Form.
Stage 1: Arkansas (AR) Adult Maltreatment Registry Form Generator Process
- After reading through all three stages and their associated steps below, access the Adult Registry Request Form Generator to generate your request form.
- Once you are on the AR Adult Maltreatment Registry Request Form website, complete each required field (required fields denoted by an asterisk).
- Once all required fields are completed, click the blue button at the bottom of the form.
- The completed request form will be emailed to the email address you entered on the AR Adult Maltreatment Registry Request Form website.
- Print this form and sign the completed copy in the presence of a notary.
Stage 2: Arkansas (AR) Adult Maltreatment Registry Form Upload Process
- Scan the notarized form to your computer and save it to a place you can easily locate it.
- Once you have your form saved, access the Central Registry Form Uploader to send your file to the Registry Team using the links below:
- You can upload a single request or multiple requests by clicking here.
- Click ‘Choose file’ under ‘Notarized Request File’ to search your computer and upload the notarized copy of the form. (For multi-submissions, you must upload a notarized form for each request). The notarized form should consist of a minimum of one page and the page must be uploaded.
- Click ‘Submit and Pay.’
- You will then be automatically redirected to the payment webpage (Ark Gov Pay) if a payment is required.
Stage 3: Online Payment
- Select a Payment Type.
- Complete the customer information and payment information sections to pay the registry check fee outlined below:
- For single requests: $10.00 for the adult maltreatment request + a $1.00 online processing fee
- For multiple requests paid by credit card: $10.00 for each adult maltreatment request + 3% of request total amount + an online processing fee of $2
- For multiple requests paid by e-Check: $10.00 for each adult maltreatment request + a processing fee of $2
- If you are a non-profit, Click ‘Browse’ under ‘Additional Files’ and upload a copy of your 501(C)(3) verification. Please note that the adult maltreatment requests for non-profits cannot be processed without verification of non-profit status.
- Click ‘Submit Payment.’
- You will receive a confirmation email verifying submission of your request and completed payment.
- Registry check results are emailed via encrypted email to the entity identified in the ‘Results Should Be Released To’ section of the form submission request.
Who can request an Arkansas Adult Maltreatment Registry status (background) check?
Certain individuals may request and receive information on an individual’s Registry status (notarized authorization form required).
- The individual whose status is being requested
- Volunteer agencies
- Licensing agencies
- Please contact the Adult Maltreatment Registry with any questions.
- Anyone who submits a properly notarized request form
Is there a fee?
A non-refundable processing fee of $10.00, by check or money order (no cash or temporary checks), proof of non-profit status must be submitted with each request. There is an additional $1.00 online processing fee for online payments made by electronic check or credit card.
A processing fee is not charged to other state’s services agencies, non-profit organizations, Attorney Ad Litem, law enforcement, Prosecuting Attorneys, or to individuals who are indigent.
Please contact the APS Registry Unit with any questions.
What happens if my initial online request is rejected?
If your request is rejected for any reason you will receive an email advising of the rejection and identifying how to correct it. To resubmit rejected forms follow the steps listed above and resubmit without additional payment. Be sure to choose “Yes” under the drop-down box “Is this a resubmission.” You will also need to include your original request number which can be located in the initial confirmation email.
How do I appeal an adult maltreatment finding?
To request an appeal within 30 days of your name being placed on the Registry, you may contact the Office of Appeals and Hearings at:
The Adult Maltreatment Registry Unit can be contacted at:
Adult Maltreatment Registry
P O Box 1437, Slot W240
Little Rock AR 72203