Neglect and Maltreatment Reporting
Includes both state and federal requirements for preventing, identifying, and reporting maltreatment of facility residents.
- Maltreatment Reporting for ALFs and RCFs (PDF)
- Maltreatment Reporting for ICFs/MR (PDF)
- Maltreatment Reporting for Nursing Facilities (PDF)
- Maltreatment Reporting for CNAs (PDF)
- Resident To Resident Maltreatment Reporting Guidance (PDF)
Resident Trust Funds
The federal requirements for facilities handling resident funds.
- Resident Trust Funds (PDF)
Pre-Admission Screening Resident Review.
- PASRR and Medical https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/wp-content/uploads/medneed.pdfNeeds Determinations (PDF)
Minimum Data Set (MDS)
The minimum data set (MDS) is a comprehensive assessment tool that must be used by all skilled nursing facilities and nursing facilities that participate in Medicare and Medicaid. It was developed in response to the Omnibus Reconciliation Act of 1989 and seeks to improve the quality of care in long term care facilities.
The Office of Long Term Care regularly offers training to facility staff in using MDS. If you would like to review the MDS training materials on your own, you can download them from the CMS page in the link below. Please be sure and visit the CMS page often for the latest updates and new materials.