Adoption is a major life event for families and affects them in many ways. While most adoptions are successful and endure, DCFS is aware that adoptive families may experience challenges and may need support. When you adopt a child from foster care, there are services available to you and your family.
Support is key to maintaining permanent, safe, stable, committed, and loving families for children. Contact your local adoption specialist to inquire about any of the following services:
- Adoption subsidies and Medicaid
- Referrals for additional services
- Adoption education and training
- Respite care
- In-home and residential mental health services
- Crisis intervention services
- Access to our resource library
If you can’t reach your adoption specialist you can contact your local county office or call our main office at 1-888-736-2820.