Division of Provider Services and Quality Assurance
Improving the quality of life for all Arkansans through provider engagement and oversight.
The Division of Provider Services and Quality Assurance (DPSQA) is responsible for the certification, licensing, and surveying functions formerly performed in the following DHS divisions:
- Division of Aging & Adult Services
- Division of Behavioral Health Services
- Division of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education
- Division of Medical Services
Additionally, DPSQA conducts Quality Assurance activities to review outcomes and determine compliance, and promote Workforce Development. The new centralized division is a fundamental shift in how DHS interacts with Medicaid providers and how providers interact with us.
DPSQA will consolidate and create efficiencies for DHS and providers in the certification, licensing, and surveying functions and will 1.) give the DHS provider network a source of consistent quality assurance, quality training, and technical assistance, and 2.) assess provider workforce development needs, develop strategies to address these needs, and engage stakeholders and partners in implementing those strategies.
Through these efficiencies, consolidations, and consistencies, DPSQA will reduce unnecessary redundancy, improve interactions with providers, and determine whether the services our clients receive are of high quality. DPSQA will operate in full alignment with the DHS Mission and reflect DHS’s core and operational values: Together we improve the quality of life of all Arkansans through provider engagement and oversight that protects the vulnerable, fosters independence, and promotes better health through continuous quality improvement.
DPSQA’s goal is to address many of the challenges currently faced by providers having to comply with requirements across DHS as well as challenges within DHS. DPSQA will:
- Promote consistency across the DHS program areas in DPSQA’s purview as to the processes for certification, licensure and surveying, as well as the policies and standards governing these providers who serve Medicaid clients.
- Reduce duplication and redundancy.
- Improve coordination in monitoring.
- Promote coordination and consistency in provider education and training.
- Conduct and use data analytics of survey data to assess quality and inform provider engagement activities.
|Division of Provider Services and Quality Assurance||
PO Box 1437 Slot S530
501-682-2441 TDD: 501-682-6789
|Office of Long Term Care||
P.O. Box 8059, Slot S409
TDD: 501-682-6789 Fax: 501-682-1197
|Dr. Victoria Evans||Assistant Director - Quality Assurance, Workforce Assessment, & Provider Engagement||
|Sherri Proffer||Assistant Director - Community Services Licensure & Certification||
|Carol Shockley||Assistant Director - Office of Long Term Care||