Medicaid, ARHOME, and ARKids Clients

Make sure your mailing address and phone number is up-to-date. Don’t miss important renewal information.

Find Substance Abuse or Mental Health Treatment

Find Substance Abuse or Mental Health Treatment

Did you know that DHS offers these mental health & addiction services to Arkansans who have limited incomes?

  • Assessment
  • Individual & Group Counseling
  • Family Counseling
  • Substance Abuse Counseling & Treatment
  • Parent & Child Counseling for Children under 4
  • Mental Health Medication Needs
  • Help During a Mental Health Crisis

When seeking help for mental health or addiction services for yourself or a loved one, the first step is to find a service provider in your area. Below are several directories to assist in locating an appropriate provider. You may also call our Mental Health & Addiction Support Line at 1-844-763-0198 to locate providers in your area. After locating a provider in your area, you can call for immediate and confidential help 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Following the initial call, available services will vary from person to person.

If  you are facing a medical emergency, please dial 911.

988 has been designated as the new three-digit dialing code that will route callers to the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline which is answered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

If you would like support to quit using tobacco, please call the Arkansas Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW, or visit

NAMI Arkansas operates a statewide organization providing and coordinating a network of local support groups providing support, education, and advocacy throughout the state.  Please call NAMI Arkansas at (800)844-0381 , or visit

Therapeutic Counseling Services Provider List: click here

 For people with no insurance but need counseling for mental health issues

Drug and Alcohol Safety Education Programs (DASEP) click here

For people who need assistance with DWI/DUI services 

Community Mental Health Centers (CMHC) list: click here

For persons without health insurance coverage and need basic counseling level services or more intensive services for mental health issues, contact a CMHC.

Substance Use Disorder Treatment State Funded directoryclick here

For people with no insurance coverage and in need of Drug and Alcohol treatment