Office of Long Term Care
Click HERE to seach for long-term care facilities.
NOTICE: The Office of Long Term Care has developed guidelines for the proper MDS coding of psychotropic medications. Please see the guidlines in the MDS Section of the OLTC Training Page.
Each year, more than 23,000 Arkansans receive services in long-term care facilities licensed and inspected by the Office of Long Term Care (OLTC). Long-term care facilities include:
- Nursing facilities
- Intermediate care facilities for the intellectually disabled (also known as intermediate care facilities for the mentally retarded or ICFs/MR)
- Assisted living facilities
- Residential care facilities
- Adult day cares and adult day health cares
- Post-acute head injury retraining residential facilities
Additionally, OLTC also offers the following services:
- Investigates complaints against long-term care facilities and their employees
- Administers the TEFRA program
- Licenses nursing facility administrators
- Administers the criminal background check for long-term care facility employees
- Oversees the Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) training and certification program
- Determines medical eligibility for Medicaid for long-term care facility placement and waiver services
Financial eligibility for Medicaid is performed by the Arkansas Department of Human Services' Division of County Operations (DOC). For information about financial eligibility for Medicaid, please contact or visit your local DHS County Office or call 1-800-482-8988.
Long Term Care Information for Consumers
The following topics provide information about long term care facilities in Arkansas.
Long Term Care Information for Providers
The following links are for facility administrators and employees.
|Office of Long Term Care||P.O. Box 8059, Slot S409
Little Rock, AR 72203-1437