The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education (DCCECE) recognizes and supports professionalism within early care and education. Use the links below to gain access to helpful resources and to learn more about how the Division ensures children have access to high-quality early care.
Types of Child Care Facilities and Programs:
These homes and centers are eligible to participate in state and federally funded programs.
- Registered Child Care Family Homes – Homes that care for fewer than 5 children. They are regulated by the “Registered Child Care Family Homes.”
- Licensed Homes – Homes that care for 6 to 16 children. They are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Family Homes.” Health and fire department approvals are required if care is provided to 11 or more children. City zoning approval is required where applicable.
- Licensed Child Care Centers – Facilities that care for 6 or more children from more than 1 family. They are regulated by “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers.” Programs that operate less than 10 hours a week are exempt. These facilities require health and fire department approval and are subject to city zoning.
- Out of School Time – These facilities are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Out-of-School-Time Facilities.” These facilities are center based child care programs that care for school age children only.
Location of Child Care Facilities by Age Type
Who to Contact
- Child Care Licensing Area Telephone Directory
- For assistance call 501-682-8590
The Licensing Unit is responsible for the enforcement of the Child Care Licensing Act for registered child care family homes, licensed homes, and licensed child care centers in Arkansas.
- Act 828 – effective 07/28/2021
- Application Process for Licensure as a Child Care Provider
Technical Assistance Forms for Providers
- 2021 Immunization Schedule
- Child Care License Application Form
- 2021 Kindergarten Readiness Indicator Checklist for Families
- Safe Sleep Booklet
- Disaster Evacuation Plan