Arkansas Senior Medicare Patrol (SMP) will empower and assist you to protect, detect, and report Medicare fraud.
This program was developed to help you understand more about health care fraud. It involves recruiting retired persons to teach Medicare and Medicaid clients to recognize and report health care fraud.
If you have questions or concerns about health care fraud, are interested in volunteering, or would like to schedule a free speaker, call Arkansas SMP 1-866-726-2916. You may also email Kathleen Pursell at email@example.com.
Become a SMP Volunteer
To volunteer click the “YES! I WANT TO VOLUNTEER” link below. The SMP Volunteer Contact Form will be available online to fill out and a link to email the form to Dee Edwards, the volunteer coordinator, is available on the form. Once your form is received, you will be contacted about the many wonderful opportunities available.
Like and follow us on Facebook to view and share the most up-to-date media to help detect, protect, and report Medicare fraud!
Fraud in the News
- 2020 Health Care Fraud Takedown Details
- New Medicare Cards with new numbers are being mailed from July 2018 until the end of 2019. Are you ready?
- Largest Health Care Fraud Enforcement Action in Department of Justice History – 76 Doctors Charged – 84 Opioid Cases
- Largest Health care Fraud Takedown in History–412 People Charged
Scam and Fraud Alerts
- Medicare and Covid19 Vaccine Scams – February 2021
- Avoid COVID-19 Vaccine Scams – January 2021
- Medicare Card 2021 Scam Alert – January 2021
- Coronavirus Fraud Scheme May 2020
- Scammers Using Social Security in Coronavirus (COVID-19) Scams
- Economic Impact Payment Scam Alert (May 2020)
- Economic Impact Payment Visa Debit Card Publication
- Contact Tracing Scam – July 2020
- Genetic Testing — When to suspect fraud.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Scam — Have you received unwanted package(s) containing braces?
- Imposter Scam – Who’s Really Calling?
- COVID-19 Consumer Tip Sheet
- COVID-19 Consumer Alert
- Coronavirus Scam Watch
- Coronavirus Scam Alert March 2020
- COVID 19 SCAMS
- 2021 Medicare Card Scam Alert (Duration: 3 minutes, 31 seconds)
- Fraud and Scams Related to COVID-19 (Duration: 26 minutes, 59 seconds)
- New Medicare Cards Are Coming June 2018 through December 2019 Must see video and please share! (Duration: Three minutes, 50 seconds)
- Arkansas SMP Group Volunteer Recruitment in Senior Housing (Duration: One minute, 54 seconds)
- Watch out for Scammers with New Medicare Cards (KTHV Channel 11 Segment)
- Recognizing the Bad Guys (English) (Duration: 7 minutes, 38 seconds)
- Recognizing the Bad Guys (Espanol) (Duration: 7 minutes, 35 seconds)
- Joining the Good Guys (Duration: 10 minutes, 22 seconds)
American Sign Language Videos
- New Medicare Card/Social Security Card Scam (Duration: 3 minutes, 56 seconds)
- Arkansas SMP Free Glucose Monitors Scam (Duration: 3 minutes, 43 seconds)
Use this information to share with Medicare/Medicaid consumers and caregivers to help spread information that will empower everyone and to avoid Medicare and Medicaid Fraud.
- 2018 Medicare Basic Toolkit for Arkansas State Retirees, Public School Retirees, and Military Personnel
- How to Read Your Medicare Summary Notice
- Arkansas SMP Fraud Prevention Information
- Arkansas SMP History
- Diabetes Scam Prevention Brochure
- Diabetes Scam Prevention Brochure – Spanish Version
- Arkansas Senior Medicare Patrol Brochure
- Scam – Protect. Detect. Report.