DHS’s Response to COVID-19 for Providers
8/20/2020 - The Arkansas Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Steering Committee approved $8.77 million in federal funds from the Coronavirus Relief Fund to support primary care physicians (PCPs) in efforts to minimize the negative impact of COVID-19 on childhood vaccinations. PCP practices that serve children may be eligible for reimbursements for expenses from March 1 to October 1, 2020 to help close the pediatric immunization gap resulting from COVID-19’s impact on primary care.
Providers can apply for reimbursement for eligible vaccine-related expenses using this form here. To learn more about the program and expenses that are eligible for reimbursement, please read through these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs). Providers are also encouraged to review the provider guidance found here.
7/21/2020 - On Friday the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), announced that it will begin distributing $10 billion in a second round of high impact COVID-19 area funding to hospitals starting next week. Additionally, HHS announced that it is extending the Medicaid and CHIP Provider Relief Fund distribution provider application deadline to apply to August 3, 2020.
In June, HHS announced the opening of the application period and plans to distribute approximately $15 billion to eligible providers that participate in state Medicaid and CHIP programs who had not yet received a payment from the $50 billion General Distribution. Since the announcement on June 9, HHS has hosted a number of webinars targeted at providers and provider organizations to answer questions and assist those eligible through the application process. A fact sheet explaining the application process has also been created to address frequently asked questions.
You can read the full announcement here: https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/07/17/hhs-begin-distributing-10-billion-additional-funding-hospitals-high-impact-covid-19-areas.html
7/14/2020 - The last day to submit EMS forms for payment through May 30 is July 22nd.
7/08/2020 - On Monday, June 8, 2020, HHS sent communications to all hospitals asking them to update information on their COVID-19 positive-inpatient admissions for the period January 1, 2020, through June 10, 2020. This information will be used to determine a second round of funding to hospitals in COVID-19 hotspots to ensure they are equitably supported in the battle against this pandemic. To determine their eligibility for funding under this $10 billion distribution, hospitals must submit their information by June 15, 2020 at 9:00 PM ET.
6/04/2020 - The last day to submit Hospital Direct Care and LTSS In-Direct Care forms for payment through May 30 is June 15.
6/03/2020 - Due to the number of active COVID-19 cases, payments for LTSS direct care workers continue through June 30. All forms must be submitted by July 15.
HHS’s has released details on the provider relief fund website on the Medicaid tranche. The website has been updated to include information on this tranche, including:
DHS wants to assure you that prior authorizations are being processed, claims and invoices are being processed and paid.
Note: If you work with a program that allows paper claims or invoices, please know that you could experience a delay in payment as this situation evolves. We encourage providers to submit electronic claims to ensure payment more quickly.
Enrolled Medicaid providers can register for the online Medicaid Provider Portal to submit electronic claims by visiting: https://portal.mmis.arkansas.gov/armedicaid/provider/Home/ProviderEnrollment
If you have policy questions relating to COVID-19, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Has DHS Issued Any Guidance to Providers During this Time?
As we work to ensure the essential services DHS provides through providers like you, we may come across rules or regulations that we need to temporarily suspend to ensure we can meet the needs of our clients. You can find a list of suspended rules here: Emergency rule suspensions
Current COVID-19 Guidance
- Behavioral Health
- CARES Act Nursing Home Funding
- Care Continuity Emergency Response Reimbursement Payments
- Child Care
- Developmental Disabilities Services
- Emergency Transportation
- Federal Law in Response to COVID-19
- Hospital Direct and Non-Direct Care Payments
- Long-Term Care
- LTSS Direct Care Payments
- Medicaid Provider/Services Requirements
- Pharmacy & Medical Devices
- Rural Health Centers & Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Therapeutic Community
- Behavioral Health FAQs 5/5/20
- Telemedicine for Behavioral Health Well-Check Service
- Telemedicine for Certain Behavioral Health Providers
- Telemedicine for Crisis Intervention Services
- Telemedicine for Marital and Family Behavioral Health Counseling
- Telemedicine for Mental Health Diagnoses for Persons under Twenty-One (21) Years of Age
- Telemedicine Delivery of Substance Abuse Assessments
- Cluster Payment Request Form
- Costs Above Cap Payments Request Form
- CARES Act Payments to Hospital Direct Care and Nondirect Care Workers FAQs
- Costs Above Cap Payments and Cluster Payments Arkansas Coronavirus Relief Fund (ACRF) FAQs
- Care Continuity Emergency Response Procedures
- Care Continuity Emergency Response Reimbursement Payments
- Care Continuity Emergency Response Reporting Form
For child care voucher providers who remain open, DCCECE will reimburse through claim payment an additional $10 per infant/toddler, $7 per preschool, and $5 school-age/out of school time care for children receiving federal child care assistance through the Child Care Development Block Grant open through the public health emergency as declared by the Governor.
- COVID-19 Child Care Provider FAQs
- COVID-19 Guidance for Federal Feeding Program - FAQ (expired June 30, 2020)
- DCCECE Child Care Providers Pandemic Procedures
- DCCECE Child Care Funding Press Release
- DCCECE Child Care Funding Fact Sheet
- ADDT/EIDT Nursing Services Outside Clinics
- ADDT/EIDT Proposed Emergency Relief FAQ
- Extension for Evaluations for ADDT, EIDT, EPSDT ABA, OT, PT, ST and DT
- Telemedicine for Applied Behavior Analysis Therapy by a BCBA
- Telemedicine for OT, PT, and ST Assistants
- Telemedicine for OT, PT, and ST Therapists
- Use of Well Checks for ADDT and EIDT Established Patients
- ADCWP Report Form
- EMS Worker Direct Payment FAQs
- EMS Payment Guidance and Forms with No Medicaid ID Number
- Ambulances: CMS Flexibilities to Fight COVID-19
- Flexibilities for Ground Transportation by Ambulance
- CARES Act (H.R.748): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748/text
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R.6201): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6201
- Hospital Direct and Non-Direct Care Payment Report Form
- Hospital Direct and Non-Direct Care Worker Payment Instructions
- Hospital Direct and Non-Direct Care Payment FAQs 5/4/20
- Hospital Direct and Non-Direct Care Payment FAQs 5/11/20
- Background Checks for Employees of Long-term Care Facilities
- Limiting the Transmission of COVID-19 for Long-Term Care Facilities | FAQ
- PASRR Guidance During COVID-19 Outbreak
- Direct Care Statement of Intent/Point of Contact Form
- Direct Care Worker Payment Request Form
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 4/16/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 4/17/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 4/20/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 4/21/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 4/23/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 5/1/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 5/11/2020
- Direct Care Worker Payment FAQs - 6/15/2020
- Medicaid Payments to Direct Care Workers in an LTSS Settings
- Guidance Direct Care Worker Payment
- Guidance Indirect Care Payment
- Indirect Care Worker Payment Request Form
- Billing Guidance on DMS-35: Prior Authorization Relaxations
- Childhood Vaccination Program Reimbursement Form
- Childhood Vaccination Program Reimbursement FAQs
- Guidance on PCCM COVID 19 Childhood Vaccination Program Payment
- Elective Surgeries and Non-Essential Procedures
- Medicaid Provider Enrollment Site Visits
- Suspension of 12-Visit Annual Limit
- Telemedicine Requirements for Nurse Practitioners
- Telemedicine Requirements for Physician
- Temporarily Lift the Requirement for Prior Authorization (PA) on Specific Services
- Addition of Certain Inhalers to the Preferred Drug List (PDL)
- Aerochamber Refill Allowances
- Early Medication Refills
- Evaluations for Durable Medical Equipment, Prosthetics, Orthotics
- Extensions of Prior Authorizations for Medications
- Signature Requirements (e-signatures) at Pharmacies
- Flexibilities in Service Provision for Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and Rural Health Clinics (RHCs)
- Telemedicine Billing Guidance
- Telemedicine Services to be provided by FQHC and RHC