DHS’s Response to COVID-19 for Providers
|If you have policy questions relating to COVID-19, please email us at email@example.com.|
DHS wants to assure you that prior authorizations are being processed, claims and invoices are being processed and paid.
Note: If you work with a program that allows paper claims or invoices, please know that you could experience a delay in payment as this situation evolves. We encourage providers to submit electronic claims to ensure payment more quickly.
Enrolled Medicaid providers can register for the online Medicaid Provider Portal to submit electronic claims by visiting: https://portal.mmis.arkansas.gov/armedicaid/provider/Home/ProviderEnrollment
Has DHS Issued Any Guidance to Providers During this Time?
As we work to ensure the essential services DHS provides through providers like you, we may come across rules or regulations that we need to temporarily suspend to ensure we can meet the needs of our clients. You can find a list of suspended rules here:
- UpdateTelemedicine Requirements for Physicians during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- COVID-19 CMS response to Provider Enrollment Site Visits for State Medicaid Agencies
- Guidance for Limiting the Transmission of COVID-19 for Long-Term Care Facilities | FAQ
- Telemedicine Requirements for certain Behavioral Health Providers during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- DMS Medicaid Provider Guidance on COVID-19 Laboratory Testing
- Aerochamber Refills during COVID0-19 Outbreak
- Prior Authorization Extensions during COVID0-19 Outbreak
- Guidance on HIPAA during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- Allowance of Early Refills during COVID0-19 Outbreak
- Addition of Certain Inhalers to the Preferred Drug List (PDL)
- Use of Telemedicine to Provide Occupational, Physical and Speech Therapy during COVID0-19 Outbreak
- Use of Telemedicine for OT, PT, and ST Assistants during COVID-19 Outbreak
- Therapeutic Communities Direct Service Requirements
- Telemedicine Requirements for Nurse Practitioners during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- NewUse of Telemedicine to Provide Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) Therapy by a BCBA during COVID-19 Outbreak
- NewSuspension of 12 Visit Limit during the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency
- NewMobile Clinics and COVID-19 Screening
- NewAllow Nursing Services Outside of an Early Intervention Day Treatment (EIDT) Clinic and Adult Development Day Treatment (ADDT) Clinic during COVID-19 Outbreak
- NewE-Signatures at Pharmacies
Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS):
For childcare voucher providers who remain open through April 17, DCCECE will reimburse through claim payment an additional $10 per infant/toddler, $7 per preschool, and $5 school-age/out of school time care for children receiving federal child care assistance through the Child Care Development Block Grant.
Helpful Numbers for Providers
- Arkansas Medicaid Help Desk at 1-800-457-4454.
- New CARES Act (H.R.748): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748/text
- New Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R.6201): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6201