Contact Us

DHS’s Response to COVID-19 for Clients

During the COVID-19 public health emergency, DHS suspended the rule that requires applicants and recipients to cooperate with the Office of Child Support Enforcement (OCSE). You may have heard this called a “blanket good cause” for OCSE.

Please note that the requirement to cooperate with OCSE will return beginning July 1, 2020. Cooperation with OCSE only applies to applicants and recipients who have one or more parents not living in the household. Please contact your local county office if you have any questions about how this requirement affects your case.

If you have questions about services or health care coverage, please call 1-844-843-7351. You may also email us at beneficiary@dhs.arkansas.gov.

Your health is our top priority. We want to assure you that providers are continuing to be paid for services, prior authorizations are being approved, applications are being processed, and services for clients will continue during this public health emergency. Below you will find the latest information for clients broken down by category. This list will be updated as needed.

How can I apply for services?

Our county offices are open because we know that people need to apply or ask questions. We are working hard to keep our lobbies safe for people coming in and for our employees. However, we ask that if you are able, please apply or ask questions online or by phone instead of coming into your county office.

The fastest and safest way to apply for benefits is by going to Access.Arkansas.gov or by calling 1-855-372-1084.

If you want to email your application, first download a SNAP or Medicaid application below. Then you can either scan or take a picture of your completed application or any needed documents and email them to the office in your county.  

These are the applications available for you to download:

SNAP & TEA Application

English | Spanish

Application for Arkansas Medicaid, ARKids First, or Arkansas Works
(For Single Adults with no dependents)

English | Spanish

Application for Arkansas Medicaid, ARKids First, or Arkansas Works
(For Families)

English | Spanish

Application for Medicare Savings for Qualified Beneficiaries
(Helps pay Medicare premiums and costs)

English | Spanish

Application for Long-term Services and Supports
(For Home- and Community-Based Services, Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Facilities)

 English | Spanish

For your safety and the safety of our employees, we urge you to call us with questions, apply online, or email us your completed applications. However, if you choose to go to your county office, please note that we are limiting the number of people in our lobbies to less than 10, which means you will experience longer than normal wait times and may have to stand outside until the lobby clears out. That is for your safety. Please do not come to a county office if you are sick.

If you need to fill out and deliver a paper application, first download the application from the links above and complete it, and then you may put it in the dropbox set up at your county office for your safety and convenience.

Back to Top

How do I get replacement SNAP benefits if I lost food because of a severe weather power outage?

SNAP clients who have suffered food loss due to a household misfortune, including a power outage due to severe weather, can have some of their benefits replaced.  Clients must take the following steps for this process:

  1. Notify DHS within 10 days of the power outage using the Declaration of Loss Form. This 10-day time period is from the day your power is restored.
  2. Fill out the Declaration of Food Loss Form and return it to DHS. You can download the form here.
  3. Give DHS verification of the power outage- DHS can help you with power outage verification by contacting local power companies.

You can type in the information to fill out the form and email it to your local county office. You can find your local county office email here. Please do not send an email to more than one county office.

You can also print off the form, fill it out, and drop it off at your local county office’s drop box so that you don’t have to wait in the lobby.

Short-term Child Care Assistance for Essential Workers

The federal Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act provided over $41 million in Child Care Development Block Grant funds to the DHS Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education (DCCECE). An estimated $18 million of that will be used to cover the cost of child care for some essential workers in Arkansas.

            Essential Worker Child Care Assistance Application

            Traditional Child Care Assistance Application

Child Care Provider Frequently Asked Questions

Back to Top

What is DHS doing for the elderly and others getting services at home?

We have created a call center staffed with nurses and other specialists who are calling elderly clients in the ARChoices and PACE programs as well as those who get personal care at home twice a week to make sure they are getting the services they need and have meals. If clients have questions or concerns, they may also call 1-800-400-8016.

What is DHS doing to ensure services continue?

You can also see open child care centers as of 09/25/20 in Arkansas in this document, listed by county.

Miscellaneous Resources:

Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us