DHS’s Response to COVID-19
|Last updated: 4/03/2020 at 12:45 p.m. We will update this page as the situation evolves.|
During this public health emergency, we want to make sure that our clients and providers across all of our programs have the latest information on what the Arkansas Department of Human Services (DHS) is doing about coronavirus (COVID-19) as well as reliable, up-to-date information about how the virus is affecting the State. Using these buttons, our providers and clients can get the latest updates from DHS:
We want to assure you that providers are continuing to be paid for services, prior authorizations are being approved, applications and renewals are being processed, and services for clients will continue.
Helpful Resources During COVID-19
- COVID-19 Information & Screening
- Other Helpful COVID-19 Sites
- Finding Quality Childcare
- Non-Emergency Transportation
- Search for County-Specific Resources
- Federal Laws Passed in Response to COVID-19
- Federal Assistance
- The Arkansas Department of Health is the best place to look for accurate and timely information. Go to its website to find helpful guidance.
If you wonder if you’ve been exposed to the coronavirus, these options are available to help:
- UAMS Help Hotline: 800-632-4502
- Online Screening: https://uamshealth.com/healthnow
- Many hospitals across the state are providing other screening options in local communities. Click here for the full list.
- World Health Organization (WHO) COVID-19 Page: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 Page: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 Page: https://www.cms.gov/About-CMS/Agency-Information/Emergency/EPRO/Current-Emergencies/Current-Emergencies-page
- US Department of Health and Human Services (Federal): https://www.hhs.gov
- Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu
Tips for finding quality childcare – click here
If you don’t have enough food for the next couple of days, here are some resources to help:
- The Arkansas Food Bank: 501-565-8121
- Arkansas Hunger Relief Alliance: 501-399-9999 or email email@example.com
- If you have school-age children at home, contact your local school district for their plan for students to get free breakfast and/or lunches
- DHS is expediting applications for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits for people who have lost their income due to COVID-19 (coronavirus). Apply for SNAP on access.arkansas.gov.
- If you have lost your job or worry you may lose your job because of the COVID-19 Pandemic, you can file a claim online at https://www.ezarc.adws.arkansas.gov/.
- Visit the Arkansas Division of Workforce Services website at https://www.dws.arkansas.gov/ unemployment for more resources to help with unemployment.
- You may also contact ADWS Info at 1-855-225-4440 or by email at ADWS.Info@arkansas.gov.
- If you are worried that you soon won’t have a place to live, you can contact the Little Rock Field Office of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development at 501-918-5700 or email: AR_Webmanager@hud.gov.
- Look for housing resources throughout Arkansas: https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/arworksresource/
- Local resources in Central Arkansas:
Little Rock Compassion Center
Our House Shelter
Union Rescue Mission
Jericho Way Resource Center
St. Francis House
- If you’re on Medicaid and need help getting to a medical appointment, the Non-Emergency Transportation (NET) Program may be able to help. Learn more here: https://medicaid.mmis.arkansas.gov/Beneficiary/Net.aspx
- If you have questions or problems, call the NET Helpline at 1-888-987-1200. The helpline staff will not arrange transportation for you but will try to give you the help you need.
- CARES Act (H.R.748): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/748/text
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R.6201): https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/6201
- Learn more about the IRS Economic Impact Payment: https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus