DCCECE INFORMATION REGARDING COVID-19
It is important that you and your staff take steps to limit the spread of illness, including:
- Asking staff to stay home while sick and asking families to keep sick children home.
- Cleaning your hands often with either an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, or with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Covering your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then place the used tissue directly into a no-touch waste bin. If tissues aren’t available, coughing or sneezing into the upper sleeve is OK, but NOT into the hands.
Important Guidance and Information:
- New Child Care Pandemic Guidelines – these are not requirements
- DCCECE COVID Reporting Form – only for providers who accept vouchers
- American Rescue Plan Information
DCCECE 2021 Federal COVID Relief Package
Funding provided for open, licensed child care providers to assist in costs of meeting the pandemic procedures for safe operations and business operating expenses. This is one-time funding and available until funding has been utilized.
Provider Deep Cleaning Reimbursement: Providers will be reimbursed for actual costs to deep clean and sanitize after programs were advised by the Arkansas Health Department that they must close. Reimbursement invoices must be submitted to, DeepCleaning@dhs.arkansas.gov, within one month of services provided. Reimbursement will continue until Relief Funding is exhausted.
Essential Worker Child Care Assistance: Essential workers will continue (until Relief Funding is exhausted) to be qualified for child care assistance with eligible providers, regardless of income, on a case-by-case basis. Essential workers include but are not limited to emergency responders, health care providers, public heath personnel, sanitation workers, child care and early childhood staff, K-12 educators, and individuals involved in the food supply chain. During the pandemic, new Essential Worker applications must be used. Completed applications and required documentation must be emailed to EssentialWorker@dhs.arkansas.gov for processing.
Child Care Provider Informational Phone Meetings:
For more information, click here.
Resources and Information:
- Additional Information from the Arkansas Department of Health
- COVID-19 Screening Example
- ServSafe Information
- Remittance Report and Billing Review Options
COVID – 19 INFORMATION FOR PARENTS:
DHS’s Response to COVID-19 for Clients – click for a map and list of open providers
Learning Resources and Tools:
- Resource for Parents
- VROOM App Card for Parents
- VROOM Tip Sheet
- CDC handwashing video for adults
- A technique to clean all surfaces video
Arkansas Better Chance (ABC) Tools and Resources:
- Arkansas PBS is supporting home-based instruction by providing educational content for three specific grade bands (PK-2, 3-5, 6-8). Click here to learn more.
- Arkansas Better Chance (ABC) programs may utilize the Arkansas AMI guides in place of current AMI plans. Preschool providers are also encouraged to utilize these resources.
- AMI tools and resources for schools, children, and families
- Preschool programs should continue to partner with educational cooperatives and school districts to ensure children, age 3-5 with disabilities continue to receive a Free Appropriate Public Education. Special education guidance documents can be accessed on the DESE COVID-19 website at Considerations for Special Education Instruction.
INFORMATION REGARDING USDA WAIVERS:
There are several programs available to help keep the flow of food coming for children in need. Click here and view the COVID – 19 section to learn more.
Health and Nutrition has applied to USDA for a waiver. This waiver would allow for virtual Educational/Enrichment activates. We are waiting on approval from USDA.