Filing A Complaint
The Office of Long Term Care investigates complaints against facilities as well as allegations of abuse or neglect of residents, theft of residents' property, and poor quality of resident care. Investigations are confidential, and you do not have to give your name when you file a complaint. If you choose to give your name, the Office of Long Term Care informs you when the investigation is completed.
You can file a complaint by telephone, fax, e-mail, or letter:
- Phone: 1-800-582-4887
- Fax: 501-682-8540, Attention Complaint Unit
- E-mail: complaints.OLTC@arkansas.gov
- Letter: Complaints Unit, Office of Long Term Care, P.O. Box 8059, Slot S407, Little Rock, AR 72203-8059
When you send a complaint, please provide as much of the following information as possible:
- Name of the resident or residents
- Name of the facility and its address
- Name of the facility administrator
- Names of persons who witnessed or have knowledge of the incident. Please state the relationships of these persons to the resident (for example, employee, spouse, or daughter).
- Facts of the incident. Please include the date and time and provide as much detail as possible. For example, is this a continuing situation or an isolated incident? Also, please let us know whether you or someone else contacted the administrator about the incident and, if so, what the administrator said or did in response.
If you want the investigator to contact you, you must provide your name, address, and telephone number or e-mail address.
The State of Arkansas also has an Ombudsman Program to assist residents and families. Link to the website below.
|Click Title for Link||Type|
|Arkansas Long Term Care Ombudsman Program | Opens in New Window||WEB|