Contact Us

ARKids - Additional Resources That Can Help Your Family


To enroll in the ARKids First program, you must choose a primary care doctor—a ConnectCare doctor. The ARKids First application asks you to name your top three choices to be your child’s doctor. If none of your choices is available, your local DHS office will contact you. For a list of participating ConnectCare doctors, call 1-800-275-1131.

Division of Behavioral Health Services

We know that if your child is having emotional or behavioral problems, it can affect the whole family’s health. There is somewhere to turn for help for your child's mental health problems. Call the Division of Behavioral Health Services at 1-877-227-0007.

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (formerly known as Food Stamp Program) provides food assistance to eligible households to cover a portion of a household's food budget.  Benefits are distributed through an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card.  SNAP benefits can be used to purchase eligible food items for home consumption including seeds and plants which produce food for consumption by SNAP households. Farmers markets are available for SNAP benefits as well as eligible retailers.  In addition to food assistance, the program provides SNAP recipients with nutrition education, employment and training, and work experience in some cases.

For more information, visit Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program


Arkansas Department of Human Services
Arkansas Department of Human Services

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us