Central Registry Unit FAQ & Forms
Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry Status check (background check) requests:
All Registry check requests must be submitted on a form signed by the individual whose status is being requested and submitted with the processing fee, if required, or with proof of non-profit or indigent status. The form is required to be notarized.
Who can request an Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry status (background) check?
Certain individuals identified under Arkansas Statute may request and receive information on an individual’s Registry status (notarized authorization form required).
- The individual whose status is being requested
- Child protective entities in other states for the purpose of placing a child.
- Volunteer agencies
- Licensing agencies
- Please contact the DCFS Registry Unit with any questions.
Is there a fee?
A non-refundable processing fee of $10.00, by check, money order, or cashier’s check (no cash or temporary checks), proof of non-profit status, or proof of indigent status must be submitted with each request.
A processing fee is not charged to other state’s child services agencies, non-profit organizations, Attorney’s Ad Litem, law enforcement, Prosecuting Attorneys, or to individuals who are indigent.
Please contact the DCFS Registry Unit with any questions.
Who can request information/records on child maltreatment investigations and/or protective services cases?
- No form is used or required for record requests.
- Requests can be on letterhead, typed, or hand written, depending on what is convenient to the requestor, with some exceptions.
- Out of state child protective services agencies can request history information/records on individuals for whom they have ongoing investigations.
- Requests should be submitted on agency letterhead along with proof of identity.
- Individuals may request information/records on themselves and/or their biological children.
- Individuals must submit a written notarized request, along with any required processing fee.
- Attorneys representing individuals may request information authorized to be released to their client(s).
- Requests must be on letterhead with any required processing fee.
- Attorneys must state whom they represent, and such requests do not require their client’s notarized signature.
- Law Enforcement who have an open investigation.
- Prosecuting Attorneys
- Attorneys Ad litem (request must be on letterhead with copy of appointment court order).
- Certain licensing entities.
Some other entities (Please contact the DCFS Registry Unit with any questions).
Central Registry Documents
The DCFS Central Registry Unit can be contacted at:
DCFS Central Registry
P O Box 1437,Slot S-566
Little Rock AR 72203
How do I appeal a child maltreatment finding?
To request an appeal, you may contact the Office of Appeals and Hearings at:
If you have appealed a finding and were unsuccessful or chose not to appeal.
You may request your name be removed from the Child Maltreatment Central Registry by petitioning the Name Removal Committee. Please see name removal packet for information and required document (s).
- There is no assurance of name removal approval. Each petition is individually considered by a committee assigned to review submitted request packets.
- The participation of the DCFS Central Registry Unit is to collect and forward submitted documents to the Committee. The Unit does not have a role in name removal decisions.