Division of Children & Family Services
The Division of Children and Family Services is responsible for safety of children and youth in Arkansas. DCFS is responsible for child abuse and neglect prevention, protective, foster care, and adoptive programs.
Our mission is to keep children safe and help families. DCFS will respectfully engage families and youth and use community-based services and supports to assist parents in successfully caring for their children. We will focus on the safety, permanency and well-being for all children and youth.
Programs and Services
Below are the current programs and services offered by the Division of Children and Family Services. Click the name for a link to additional information.
- Adoption Services
- Arkansas Education and Training Voucher Program (ETV)
- Child Abuse Prevention
- Foster Care Unit
- Transitional Youth Services
- Adoptive or Foster Parent Inquiry
- Arkansas Adoption Registry
- Arkansas Heart Gallery
- Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting
- Child Protective Services
- Child Welfare Policy Management
- Child Welfare Program Planning
- Child Welfare Quality Assurance
- Children's Reporting and Information System (CHRIS)
- Citizens Review Panel
- Interstate Compact Placement of Children
- Maltreatment Investigation Report Registry
- Professional Development Services
- Specialized Placement Services for Children in Foster Care