Licensing Support for Early Care Professionals
The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education (DCCECE) recognizes and supports professionalism within early care and education. Use the links below to gain access to helpful resources and to learn more about how the Division ensures children have access to high-quality early care.
Types of Child Care Facilities and Programs:
These homes and centers are eligible to participate in state and federally funded programs.
- Registered Child Care Family Homes - Homes that care for fewer than 5 children. They are regulated by the “Registered Child Care Family Homes.”
- Licensed Homes - Homes that care for 6 to 16 children. They are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Family Homes.” Health and fire department approvals are required if care is provided to 11 or more children. City zoning approval is required where applicable.
- Licensed Child Care Centers - Facilities that care for 6 or more children from more than 1 family. They are regulated by “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers.” Programs that operate less than 10 hours a week are exempt. These facilities require health and fire department approval and are subject to city zoning.
- Out of School Time - These facilities are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Out-of-School-Time Facilities.” These facilities are center based child care programs that care for school age children only.
Who to Contact
- Child Care Licensing Supervisors by County | Map
- For assistance call 501-682-8590
LicensingThe Licensing Unit is responsible for the enforcement of the Child Care Licensing Act for registered child care family homes, licensed homes, and licensed child care centers in Arkansas.
- Application Process for Licensure as a Child Care Provider
- Child Care License Application Form
- Licensing Requirement Booklets (Effective January 1, 2020)
Background Check Forms
All child care facility staff must have a current background check completed and on file. There are three types of checks: Arkansas Criminal Record, FBI Criminal Record, and Child Maltreatment. See the Minimum Licensing Regulation booklet to learn the specifics.
- Arkansas Criminal Record Background Check Form
- FBI Criminal Record Background Check Form
- Arkansas Child Maltreatment Central Registry Form
New Online Background Check System
It is finally here! The new system for Background Checks is up and running. Providers can now sign up for their own portal access in the Information Network of Arkansas (INA) to complete their background checks. Provider use of this system will be mandatory starting October 1, 2020; although, it is highly encouraged that all providers start using it now.
Health and Safety Resources and FormsSeveral resources are available to help you keep the children you care for and your staff safe.
- Safety Regulations: Child Safety, Facility Safety, Transportation Safety
- Child Care Emergency Plan
- Arkansas Immunization Information System | Arkansas Department of Health WEB
- Technical Assistance Packet | Child Personal Data, Accident Report, Attendance Record
- Evacuation Plan
Early Education Child Care Assistance Program
Early Education Child Care programs that are licensed or registered by DCCECE and meet the requirements of the State of Arkansas may choose to participate in the CCDF Child Care Assistance Program. Learn More