Frequently Asked Questions
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions that our Division receives. If you cannot find something you are looking for please visit the Contact Us page to contact the correct unit regarding your question.
Please choose the area for your question:
- Where can I find information about child care for my child(ren)?
- Where can I find information and resources to help me open and manage my child care facility?
- Where can I find the Minimum Licensing Requirements for Licensed Child Care Family Homes, Registered Child Care Family Homes, Child Care Centers or Out of School Time?
- Where can I find the application to become a Licensed Child Care Family Home?
- Do you have the Technical Assistance Packet online?
- Who can participate in the CACFP Programs?
- How do I apply for one of the Special Nutrition Programs?
- All of our program applications are now online. Please go to SNP Application Web site or call (501) 682-8869 for additional information.
- What is a Day Care Home?
- Day Care Home means an organized non-residential child care program for children enrolled in a private home, licensed or approved as a family or group day care home and under the auspices of a sponsoring organization. Sponsor information can be obtained from the Special Nutrition Program office at (501) 682-8869.
- What is the Summer Food Service Program?
- How can I become a Sponsor for the Summer Program?
- Units of local government, camps, schools and private non-profit organizations can sponsor the SFSP. As a sponsor, you will attend the State agency’s training, locate eligible sites, hire, train and supervise staff, arrange meals to be prepared and delivered, monitor sites and prepare claims for reimbursement.
- Who can qualify for National School Lunch Program?
- Can you be on the School Breakfast Program and the Milk Program without being on the National School Lunch Program?
If you need to file a complaint of discrimination, write or call:
Office of Civil Rights Room 326-W, Whitten Building
1400 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20250-9410
(202) 720-5964 (Voice and TDD)