Child Care Licensing
The Division of Child Care and Early Childhood Education (DCCECE) recognizes and supports professionalism within early care and education. Use the links below to gain access to helpful resources and to learn more about how the Division ensures children have access to high-quality early care.
Types of Child Care Facilities and Programs:
These homes and centers are eligible to participate in state and federally funded programs.
- Registered Child Care Family Homes - Homes that care for fewer than 5 children. They are regulated by the “Registered Child Care Family Homes.”
- Licensed Homes - Homes that care for 6 to 16 children. They are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Family Homes.” Health and fire department approvals are required if care is provided to 11 or more children. City zoning approval is required where applicable.
- Licensed Child Care Centers - Facilities that care for 6 or more children from more than 1 family. They are regulated by “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Child Care Centers.” Programs that operate less than 10 hours a week are exempt. These facilities require health and fire department approval and are subject to city zoning.
- Out of School Time - These facilities are regulated by the “Minimum Licensing Requirements for Out-of-School-Time Facilities.” These facilities are center based child care programs that care for school age children only.
Who to Contact
- Child Care Licensing Supervisors by County | Map
- For assistance call 501-682-8590
LicensingThe Licensing Unit is responsible for the enforcement of the Child Care Licensing Act for registered child care family homes, licensed homes, and licensed child care centers in Arkansas.
Background Check Information
- Learn how to submit Background Checks here https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/resources/ebc
- Learn how to submit Child Maltreatment Checks here https://humanservices.arkansas.gov/about-dhs/dcfs/central-registry
- Central Registry Training
Training for the new Background Check online system
When: December 2, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Join Via Zoom:
To Join Via Computer: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88208984519
To Join Via Phone: 1-312-262-6799 Meeting ID: 882 0898 4519