Contact Us

Frequently Asked Questions about Choices in Living

What kinds of services can I get from the Choices in Living Resource Center?

The types of services we can offer include:  Information and assistance, long term care options counseling , benefits counseling and access to publicly funded long-term care programs such as ARChoices in Homecare, Independent Choices, and Living Choices.

What is information and assistance?

Specialists in the Resource Center provide you with information about services, resources, and programs in areas such as living arrangements, support in care giving, energy assistance, assistive technology, and many other publicly funded programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Medicaid.

What is Options Counseling?

In the 2007 Regular Session, the General Assembly passed a bill that was enacted as Act 516, creating the Options Counseling program within the Arkansas Department of Human Services.  Options Counseling seeks to ensure that individuals seeking long-term care services receive complete information concerning services that match their needs. The program provides information to an individual (or the individual’s representative) who:  Seeks an Options Counseling consultation; Seeks admission to a long term care facility, regardless of payment source; or Resides in a long-term care facility and applies for Medicaid reimbursement. Each long-term care Options Counseling consultation shall include information about:

Arkansas Department
of Human Services
(501) 682-1001

TTY: 1-800-285-1131 or dial 711 for Arkansas Relay Service

Google Map | Contact Us