Arkansas Senior Medicare Patrol
Arkansas SMP will empower and assist you to protect, detect, and report Medicare fraud.
This program was developed to help you understand more about healthcare fraud. It involves recruiting retired persons to teach Medicare and Medicaid clients to recognize and report healthcare fraud.
If you have questions or concerns about healthcare fraud, are interested in volunteering, or would like to schedule a free speaker, call ASMP at 501-320-6457 and toll-free 1-866-726-2916. You may also email Kathleen Pursell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like us on Facebook.
View and share any of the following media to help detect, protect, and report Medicare fraud!
To volunteer click the "YES! I WANT TO VOLUNTEER" link below. The SMP Volunteer Contact Form will be available online to fill out and a link to email the form to Dee Edwards, the volunteer coordinator, is available on the form. Once your form is received, you will be contacted about the many wonderful opportunities available.
Access the 2019 Event Calendar, which is updated regularly.
Fraud in the News
Scam and Fraud Alerts
- Genetic Testing — When to suspect fraud.
- Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Scam — Have you received unwanted package(s) containing braces?
- New Medicare Cards Are Coming June 2018 through December 2019 Must see video and please share! (Duration: Three minutes, 50 seconds)
- Arkansas SMP Group Volunteer Recruitment in Senior Housing (Duration: One minute, 54 seconds)
- Watch out for Scammers with New Medicare Cards (KTHV Channel 11 Segment)
- Recognizing the Bad Guys (English) (Duration: 7 minutes, 38 seconds)
- Recognizing the Bad Guys (Espanol) (Duration: 7 minutes, 35 seconds)
- Joining the Good Guys (Duration: 10 minutes, 22 seconds)
Newsletters- Visit the SMP Newsletter Archive (now available!)
Use this information to share with Medicare/Medicaid consumers and caregivers to help spread information that will empower everyone and to avoid Medicare and Medicaid Fraud.
- 2018 Medicare Basic Toolkit for Arkansas State Retirees, Public School Retirees, and Military Personnel
- How to Read Your Medicare Summary Notice
- Arkansas SMP Fraud Prevention Information
- Arkansas SMP History
- Diabetes Scam Prevention Brochure
- Diabetes Scam Prevention Brochure - Spanish Version
- Arkansas Senior Medicare Patrol Brochure