< Back to Consumers Overview
The Minimum Staffing Calculator v. 4.0 can be used to make three different calculations. They are:
- Required minimum staff based on resident census
- The average number of hours of direct care staff per resident per day based on the number of staff and the resident census
- The number of direct care staff necessary to meet a goal of direct care staff hours per resident per day based on resident census
The Minimum Staffing Calculator version 4.0 runs on Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7. For earlier operating systems such as Windows XP or Windows 2000, the older version of Minimum Staffing Calculator is also available for installation and use.
How to install the Minimum Staffing Calculator
Print this page so you can refer to the instructions.
If you have previously installed a version of the Minimum Staffing Calculator, please uninstall it before installing this version.
- For Windows Vista or Windows 7, click the link below entitled Minimum Staffing Calculator 4.0 and save the file to your computer. The file name is MinStaff4.zip. For ealier versions of Windows click the link below entitled Minimum Staffing Calculator 2.0. The file name is MinStaffCalc.zip.
- After the download completes, navigate to the location you saved the file (MinStaff4.zip or MinStaffCalc.zip) to your computer.
- Unzip MinStaff4.zip or MinStaffCalc.zip. If you do not have compression software, download a free evaluation copy of WinZip at http://www.winzip.com. (When you click the link, the site opens in a new window. To return to this page, close the window.)
- Double-click on setup.exe. Follow the prompts, accepting the default settings throughout the installation. The program automatically creates an entry in the Programs group.
- If a message displays that you do not have sufficient privileges or access rights to install the program, cancel the setup and contact your system or network administrator.
How to get technical support